The EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum was launched on February 1st, 2018 by the European Commission with the support of the European Parliament.
The Blockchain Observatory and Forum will highlight key developments of the blockchain technology, promote European actors and reinforce European engagement with multiple stakeholders involved in blockchain activities.
An official website will be available by May 2018. Meanwhile, you may use the resources available at this temporary website in order to learn more about the initiative and contact the team.
The Call for Contributors for the Observatory and Forum’s working groups is open until April 9th.
The Observatory and Forum is working on a map of EU Blockchain initiatives. You can register blockchain projects through this form as well as blockchain events with a second form. More information about the map is available here.
On a day-to-day basis, the Forum is operated by :
- The EC’s Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology
- ConsenSys, the global blockchain venture production studio
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Knowledge Media Institute at The Open University
- University of Southampton
- As well as experts from Imperial College, University College London, Crypto Valley Association, and many other organizations
Content published on this website does not represent the views of the European Commission or the European Parliament.
For more information about the European Commission’s activities related to blockchain technology, click here.